Clergy Conferences & Retreats
Information about the two clergy conferences held annually.
Clergy in Southern Virginia are invited and expected to attend two clergy events held annually at our diocesan retreat center, Chanco on the James.
Detailed information and registration for these events are posted here when they become available.
Fall Clergy Retreat
October 23 - 25
Registration is now open for our Fall Clergy Retreat at Chanco on the James. The 3-day retreat will begin at 10 a.m. on Monday, October 23 and will conclude after lunch on Wednesday, October 25. Note that there will not be an optional quiet day this year.
The cost to attend this year’s retreat is $350 for overnight attendees and $150 for commuter attendees. While we do not have a virtual option to attend, Bishop Jefferts Schori’s sessions will be recorded and made available for later viewing.
Registration will close October 13. More details will be posted here as they become available.
- Registration Assistance – Contact Shauna Daley at email@example.com or 757-213-3378 if you have any questions about clergy conferences or retreats or need assistance with registering.
- Financial Aid – Scholarship funds are available for both Spring Clergy Day and Fall Clergy Retreat. Contact Susan Allen, firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-213-3391, for more information.
- Childcare – If your attendance requires you to arrange for childcare, you may submit a reimbursement request for those costs to Susan Allen at email@example.com.
- Directions – For driving directions to Chanco on the James click here.
- Click here for our Diocesan Event Registration Policy.